Photos

The stunning shower photo above was taken of me in October of 1982 by friend and award-winning photojournalist Monte Paulsen. This blog will contain several photos taken by Monte before, during, and after the birth of my son "Bucky." Thank you, Monte.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Email to my son and his parents


I just sent an email to my son and his parents, letting them know of this blog. I'm sure they won't be happy about it, but I assured them I wouldn't use their real names, except "Michael" for my son since that's a common enough name. I am also using the nickname I had given him when he was born, "Bucky."

I felt it was important for them to know about the blog since they will play a crucial role in it when I begin writing about my pregnancy, the adoption, and later finding Michael on Facebook.

It is not my desire to harm them or cause them any upset with this blog. But it is what it is. As a writer, I feel I can't ignore this story any longer for my own therapy and sanity. And maybe it will even help other families down the road.

The photo with this post was taken by friend Monte Paulsen just after Bucky's birth in October of 1982. It was one of the last times I ever saw him before leaving the hospital. It was one of the most painful periods of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment