Photos

The stunning shower photo above was taken of me in October of 1982 by friend and award-winning photojournalist Monte Paulsen. This blog will contain several photos taken by Monte before, during, and after the birth of my son "Bucky." Thank you, Monte.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Meeting She-Ma


A word about my nickname, K.T. My birthmother, Shela, gave it to me when we met for the first time in New Orleans in 1987. It's a combination of my adoptive name of Kathryn (Kate) and the name Shela had given me at my birth, Trina. Since I'd always been known as Kate and wasn't comfortable being called Trina, Shela put the K and T together to make "K-T." She hyphenated it like that. From then on, I became known as K-T and she became known as "She-Ma," which is a mixture between her legal name of Shela Marie and a way for me to acknowledge her as a mother without actually calling her "mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment